- n a large entrance or reception room or area
- n the people who support some common cause or business or principle or sectional interest
- n a group of people who try actively to influence legislation
- v detain in conversation by or as if by holding on to the outer garments of; as for political or economic favors
- In the lobby of a New York City apartment building, four people--a flaky overnight security guard, his boss, a rookie female cop and her veteran partner--grapple with a murder .
- The hotel has a ballroom, but the glassy lobby is nearly as large and, in the fading summer light, far more inspiring.
- The House approved a dramatic overhaul of lobbying law by a vote of 421-0.
News & Articles
- Pope's Reference To 'Gay Lobby' Broaches Taboo Topic
Pope Francis has surprised many with his candor in the early days of his papacy. In recent remarks, he reportedly acknowledged a so-called gay lobby in the Vatican. The pope's words are being interpreted as part of a broader effort to re-examine the way the Vatican is run.
June 14, 2013 - NPR
- European insurance lobby says new capital rules at risk
ROME (Reuters) - Europe's main insurance lobby warned that a new regulatory framework for assessing the industry's capital risk may not be introduced if the EU watchdog does not back a major rewrite, the ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Boynton police lobby now open four days a week
Lobby hours increase from one day a week to four For close to two years, Wednesday was the only day residents could walk into the Boynton Beach Police Department lobby.
June 11, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- Nicole Brown Simpson in Guardian Unlimited
Everybody knows this is stolen stuff,Simpson said. "Not only wasn't there a break-in, but Riccio came to the lobby and escorted us up to the room. In any event, it's stolen stuff that's mine. Nobody was roughed up."
- Steve Beshear in The Associated Press
I will continue to aggressively lobby Kentucky's congressional delegation to make sure they understand the critical need the commonwealth has for both the Medicaid extension and unemployment assistance extension,Beshear said in a statement.
- Barack Obama in DefenseNews.com (subscription)
If you are a lobbyist entering my administration, you will not be able to work on matters you lobbied on, or in the agencies you lobbied during the previous two years,Obama said. "When you leave government, you will not be able to lobby my...