lisp : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a speech defect that involves pronouncing `s' like voiceless `th' and `z' like voiced `th'
- n a flexible procedure-oriented programing language that manipulates symbols in the form of lists
- v speak with a lisp
- He loves to talk (he does so with unselfconscious self-absorption), to expatiate in professorial detail (with the slightest hint of a lisp).
- I would always follow somebody doing either dyke jokes or fag jokes and doing the lisp thing and the audience is going crazy and laughing.
- All the youngsters are overtly effeminate: many walk with a mince, talk with a lisp and want to be girls.
News & Articles
- Harlan: a Language That Simplifies GPU Programming
hypnosec writes "Harlan – a declarative programming language that simplifies development of applications running on GPU has been released by a researcher at Indiana University. Erik Holk released his work publicly after working on it for two years. Harlan's syntax is based on Scheme – a dialect of LISP programming language. The language aims to help developers make productive and efficient use ...
July 5, 2013 - Slashdot
- Lou Holtz in Sports Network
This is pretty amazing for a guy with a lisp and who finished in the lower half of his high school class,Holtz said. "I will write letters to that 70 people I worked for and worked with for so many years tomorrow to thank them for their...
- Karl Alzner in Winnipeg Sun
We were shopping in Stockholm and I bought a plain T-shirt,Alzner said. "I wrote, 'Hi, my name is Shteve' on the front of it, trying to play on his lisp. It went over well and guys loved it. It was pretty good. Steve didn't know what to do...
- Tom Cavanagh in 680 News
I'm gay therefore I have to have a lisp? Obviously not,said Cavanagh. "We're just two guys living our lives and we're happily together and we don't want anything to come and disrupt that world - and when this kid comes along and does it,...