lioness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- Born Free is a posthumous triumph for Elsa the lioness, one of the queen beasts of her time and now the subject of a lively movie biography that should leave audiences purring with.
- Balloonists are French, bomb throwers Bulgars, weeping drinkers Polish or Russian, and anyone who keeps a lioness as a pet is certain to be British.
- Suddenly the lioness leaped, snapped her leash, bowled Vivian over, hugged and clawed her.
- Bono in Inside Bay Area
What a woman...... My goodness,Bono said of Lee. "I walk in the path that she and others, like your esteemed mayor, cut out...... She is a lioness."
- Brooke Shields in Hamilton Spectator
Brooke said: "My worst animal encounter was on a movie in South Africa, Running Wild, where I played a woman who raised baby leopards. At one point, I turned my back on a lioness and she tackled me to the ground. Actually, she was totally tame but...
- Nicole Kidman in NEWS.com.au
When it comes to my kids, I'm just like a lioness,Kidman said. "I'm like, 'No one gets near my babies. That's why we chose not to sell photos of her. We just want to have our little cocoon."