- v beat thoroughly and conclusively in a competition or fight
We licked the other team on Sunday!
- v pass the tongue over
the dog licked her hand
- v find the solution to (a problem or question) or understand the meaning of
- v take up with the tongue
the cub licked the milk from its mother's breast
- s having been got the better of
I'm pretty beat up but I don't feel licked yet
- PTI, founded on the notion that a surplus of news existed which had to be licked into usable shape, felt no need to gather its own news until the 1930s.
- A bronze statue in Thailand is testament to his iconic powersas is the crazed fan who reportedly licked every toilet seat she could access in a fashionable hotel in hopes of .
- In the 19th century, German physician Franz Joseph Gall claimed to have licked the problem with his system of phrenology, which divided the brain into dozens of personality organs .
News & Articles
- CSN: Irish closing the gap with strong 2013 class
Your browser does not support iframes. SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- As Notre Dame licked its wounds after the BCS Championship, something became clear to Irish coaches: There was a significant gap between them and Alabama, and they had to do something to close it.
June 12, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- High Country Baking: Double Chocolate Cake
“Now, THIS is a chocolate cake worthy of a Father’s Day celebration,” proclaimed one satisfied tester as he cleaned his plate and licked his fingers. His reaction is warranted, it’s a stand-out dessert … rich, moist and deeply flavored.
June 11, 2013 - Summit Daily News
- Eyeball Licking Fetish Causing Pink Eye Outbreak In Japan
A new sexual fetish sweeping across Japan has led to an outbreak of pink eye in schools, unofficially called "oculolinctus," Fans of the fetish become sexually aroused by licking their partner's eyeballs or having their own eyeballs licked. Authorities first became aware that something was going on when kids began showing up at school wearing eye patches. Pink eye is caused by bacteria getting ...
June 11, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Cate Blanchett in The Australian
I am utterly, deeply, humbled and chuffed by the fact that I'm a stamp,Blanchett said in a statement. "I'm going to be licked by millions of Australians and I can't wait. It is also recognising the value of the arts in Australia. It brings...
- Joe Paterno in ESPN
I know we got licked,Paterno said Tuesday. "I don't have any interest in it. We lost. That's up to somebody else to make the decision."
- Eileen Collins in NBC5i.com
Collins said she thought "we had that licked."