- n immunity from arbitrary exercise of authority: political independence
- n freedom of choice
liberty of opinion
liberty of worship
liberty--perfect liberty--to think or feel or do just as one pleases
at liberty to choose whatever occupation one wishes
- n personal freedom from servitude or confinement or oppression
- n leave granted to a sailor or naval officer
- n an act of undue intimacy
- He also imagines "freedom" and "liberty" from within a white gentry and elite whose family lives were cushioned by the invisible labors of nameless slaves.
News & Articles
- Liberty finds success recruiting at festivals
Liberty University will give away almost $1 million in scholarship money this summer at Christian music festivals across the country, part of efforts that includes a team of 10 recruiters that will hi
July 5, 2013 - Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Liberty hosts annual Fourth Fest
LIBERTY, Mo. — The holiday celebrations began early Thursday in Liberty and they’re not going to stop until after the...
July 5, 2013 - FOX 4 Kansas City
- Liberty on Independence Day
Watch Liberty on Independence Day video online. News and opinion video from The NYTimes including breaking news, investigative reporting, national and international coverage. Style and celebrity video.
July 4, 2013 - New York Times
- Samuel Alito in ABC News
It is clear that the framers and ratifiers of the Fourteenth Amendment counted the right to keep and bear arms among those fundamental rights necessary to our system of ordered liberty,wrote Justice Samuel Alito for the five-four majority.
- Barack Obama in Media General Washington Bureau
This is the meaning of our liberty and our creed,Obama said, when "a man whose father less than 60 years ago might not have been served at a local restaurant can now stand before you to take a most sacred oath."
- Anthony Kennedy in Salt Lake Tribune
As US Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in Boumediene v. Bush, "Liberty and security can be reconciled, and in our system they are reconciled within the framework of the law."