libido : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (psychoanalysis) a Freudian term for sexual urge or desire
- Libido, says Jung, but he uses the word differently from Freud: Jung's libido includes all psychic energy.
- Some researchers are taking seriously the still controversial notion of "male menopause," a constellation of physical changes, including fatigue, depression and drooping libido .
- Some doctors are prescribing testosterone as a libido booster for so-called low-T women, helping push up testosterone sales some 17 times in the past decade to about $400 .
News & Articles
- Accused Abington resident to use medical defense in indecent assault case
The attorney for a Milton High teacher and girls track coach accused of indecent assault says Parkinson’s disease drugs have created a loss of impulse control and “heightened libido” in his client.
June 11, 2013 - Rockland Standard
- Milton High track coach accused of kissing 16-year-old girl changed after Parkinson’s treatment, defense attorney says
The Milton High School track coach accused of kissing a 16-year-old member of his track team is being treated for Parkinson’s disease and that treatment has decreased his impulse control while increasing his libido, his defense attorney said today. Dale Snyder pleaded not guilty in Quincy District Court to one count of indecent assault and battery and two counts of assault and battery before ...
June 10, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Dialing in desire for women often more emotional than physical
PORTLAND -- It’s something Doctors say many women are concerned about but few will bring up at an appointment. That’s why some Portland physicians and physical therapists started asking patients about their libido or sexual desire. “It’s why I say there will be no female Viagra. A woman’s sexual response is just too complex. Men have a single switch. Women have a multi-dial control panel ...
June 8, 2013 - KGW NewsChannel 8 Portland
- Melanie Brown in Daily Mail
At the time Mel said "people can call me lesbian, bisexual or heterosexual, but I know who's in my bed and that's it - I have huge libido and a great sex life."
- Glenn Ford in Reuters
Beneath that calm exterior was an incurable romantic with a love for life and an insatiable appetite for the ladies,Ford said. "Jimmy Stewart on the outside, perhaps, but he had the lust and libido of an Errol Flynn."
- John McCain in New York Daily News
I fear the election has destroyed my ability and desire to date,McCain, 24, wrote in a lighthearted blog essay Monday on the Daily Beast. "Nothing kills my libido quite like discussing politics."