liao : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the dynasty that ruled much of Manchuria and northeastern China from 947 to 1125
- A long-gowned shopkeeper, standing in his deserted tobacco shop, read the Gimo's words, said sadly: "Mo-liao yi pao his last salvo.
- A peasant sadly shook his head: "Szu-te t'ai tsao liao!It was too soon that he died.
News & Articles
- Chinese Writer-In-Exile Liao Yiwu: A Storyteller for a Generation
After Chinese dissident writer Liao Yiwu had his memoir confiscated by the police, he had to train his memory to become like a tape recorder, recollecting his experience in prison and the stories his fellow inmates had told him. In … The post Chinese Writer-In-Exile Liao Yiwu: A Storyteller for a Generation appeared first on The Epoch Times .
June 15, 2013 - The Epoch Times
- Chin Ho Liao residency hearing cost San Gabriel $140,000
SAN GABRIEL - Though the dust has settled after the most controversial two months in the city's recent history, the City Council must now foot the bill for nearly $140,000 in extra costs for an unprecedented administrative hearing to determine Councilman Chin Ho Liao's eligibility.
June 15, 2013 - Pasadena Star-News
- Martin Lee in The Standard
Earlier I went to The Peak and I still saw thick smog clouding Hong Kong. Secretary Liao has explained that it was due to an increase of diesel vehicles in Guangdong. This is an unacceptable excuse,Lee said. "I think what Hong Kong people...
- Goh Chok Tong in Channel News Asia
Praising Dr Tan, Mr Goh said: "Cheng Bock works hard in Ayer Rajah, he feels for the people. He's got passion. He speaks out of conviction in and outside Parliament. He has substance. In Hokkien, we say 'wu liao'."