- n staying power
that old Broadway play really has legs
- n a human limb; commonly used to refer to a whole limb but technically only the part of the limb between the knee and ankle
- n a structure in animals that is similar to a human leg and used for locomotion
- n one of the supports for a piece of furniture
- n a part of a forked or branching shape
- n the limb of an animal used for food
- n a prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
- n a cloth covering consisting of the part of a pair of trousers that covers a person's leg
- n (nautical) the distance traveled by a sailing vessel on a single tack
- n a section or portion of a journey or course
- Miss Almeda Anderson of the University of Minnesota made a study of butterfly legs and reported her findings to the American Society of Zoologists.
- The night the legs arrived everyone had a big time.
- It's the most common sleep disorder you've probably never heard of: restless legs syndrome.
News & Articles
- Restless Legs Syndrome Linked to Higher Risk of Early Death
Men who suffer from restless legs syndrome may not live as long as those without the condition, according to a new study.
June 12, 2013 - LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News
- Men's restless legs tied to earlier death: study
By Genevra Pittman NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Men with restless legs syndrome (RLS) were more likely to die during an eight-year study than those without the condition, even after their age and other health problems were taken into account, researchers found. The condition, which remains controversial, causes unpleasant sensations in the legs when a person is at rest, triggering an ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Legs Do Lowbrow Pop With an Art-School Style
The cover of Legs' debut album, Pass the Ringo , is a photograph of food compost on a pristine plate with a solid blue background. The image applies art photography composition to a distinctly low subject: garbage. It's a useful metaphor for group leader Jeffrey Harland's ramshackle approac...
June 11, 2013 - SF Weekly
- Marcello Lippi in The Canadian Press
I take full responsibility,Italy coach Marcello Lippi said. "If the squad went out with fear in their legs and hearts it means the coach didn't prepare the match well tactically or psychologically."
- Alexander Litvinenko in Independent
In a statement released yesterday, Mr Litvinenko wrote: "As I lie here, I can distinctly hear the beating wings of the angel of death. I may be able to give him the slip, but I have to say my legs do not run as fast as I would like."
- Sylvain Chavanel in The Associated Press
It's not bad, I just didn't have the legs,said Chavanel, with his face caked in dust.