- n a baseball pitcher who throws the ball with the left hand
- Other records he has taken: more wins (341), more shutouts (56), more 20-game winning seasons (12) than any other lefthander in history.
- A lefthander with a sizzling backhand and an impressive overhead.
- But since 1946 a hawk-nosed lefthander with a marvelously smooth motion has been setting down National League batters with such consistency that he now must be classed with the .
News & Articles
- Astros’ bullpen keeps Brewers in check while bats rally
Although Carlos Pena received much of the accolades Thursday afternoon because of his walk-off three-run home run in the 10th inning, the Astros wouldn’t have defeated the Brewers 7-4 without another impressive performance from the bullpen. Lefthander Wesley Wright (one inning), righthander Jose Cisnero (1 2/3 innings), Jose Veras (one inning) and Hector Ambriz (one inning) combined for 4 2/3 ...
June 21, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Despite loss, Astros starting pitching continues to shine; Porter ordered Castro’s steal attempt
Astros lefthander Erik Bedard pitched a season-high 7 1/3 innings while holding the Brewers to four hits and one run with a season high-tying eight strikeouts. The outing was Bedard’s longest since he pitched for the Mariners against the Padres on May 20, 2011. Bedard wanted to go out for the eighth, so Bo Porter sent him out. Unfortunately for him, he issued a leadoff walk to Josh Prince. Logan ...
June 20, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- BASEBALL: New Lothrop’s Steinborn second-team All-Stater
NEW LOTHROP — Sophomore lefthander Grant Steinborn of New Lothrop has been named to the Second Team Division 4 All State squad by the Michigan Baseball Coaches Association of Michigan.
June 20, 2013 - The Argus-Press
- Brad Hawpe in SportingNews.com
Lately, it's either do or die,Hawpe said. "It's either get a hit off a lefthander, righthander or a guy who kicks it up there. You've got to do it now or you're going to be home watching games on TV."
- Bill Bavasi in Channel4000.com
Guardado gets out lefties and righthanders,Mariners general manager Bill Bavasi said. "It was very important to us to have a quality, veteran lefthander in our bullpen and Eddie fills that bill exactly. He's also another guy with the...
- Jon Fogarty in Motorsport.com
It was very strange,said Fogarty, who still held on to second on the grid with a qualifying lap of 1:19.951 (100.771 mph). "That has never happened to us before. I went around the lefthander at the top of the Corkscrew and I was under...