- n the ideology of the political left; belief in or support of the tenets of the political left
- Leftism is not a religion in the strict sense because leftist doctrine does not postulate the existence of any supernatural being.
- Feelings of inferiority are characteristic of modern leftism as a whole, while oversocialization is characteristic only of a ce rtain segment of modern leftism; but this segment is .
- Perhaps an even more important factor is populist backing: leftism is on the rise again in Latin America for a reason, namely the burgeoning feeling around the region that a decade .
- NR Narayana Murthy in Lanka Business Online
I was a strong socialist. By the end of 1970 I got to the conclusion that leftism is just bogus. Socialism in India is meaningless. Creation of jobs requires entrepreneurship,the soft-spoken Murthy said.
- John Linder in Atlanta Journal Constitution
Linder said Chambliss should be elected to the Senate to "stand against an avalanche of leftism."
- Barry Rubin in Global Politician
Indeed, as Rubin says, "the Syrian regime is no longer a secular government fighting Islamism but rather the main Arab state promoting it. The dictatorship shed its leftism in the 1970s and its secularism under Bashar."