leftovers : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n food remaining from a previous meal
he had leftovers for dinner last night
- n a small part or portion that remains after the main part no longer exists
- Making a meal with just the right amount of food seems impossible, so what do you do with leftovers?.
- She will make fleece jackets and recycle the remnant materialeven collecting other companies' leftoversas stuffing for poufs in her home-furnishings line.
- Often they are fed scraps and leftovers, are beaten and verbally abused and, in the worst cases, raped and murdered.
News & Articles
- Pan-seared skirt steak with mushrooms
Serves 4 with leftovers 3 pounds skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 12 pieces Salt and pepper, to taste 1 tablespoon canola oil 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 4 small shallots, thinly sliced 1 1/2 pounds mixed button and shiitake mushrooms, sliced 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1 cup white wine 1 tablespoon butter
June 15, 2013 - Boston Globe
- HBO’s ‘The Leftovers’ Casts Christopher Eccleston & Three More Actors
Four new actors - including former 'Doctor Who' star Christopher Eccleston - have joined the cast of 'The Leftovers,' the upcoming Damon Lindelof produced series. Read on to see who they're playing.
June 11, 2013 - Screen Rant
- Christopher Eccleston joins Damon Lindelof's 'The Leftovers' for HBO
Christopher Eccleston won't be appearing in the "Doctor Who" 50th anniversary special, but he could be back on TV soon if HBO picks up Damon Lindelof's drama pilot "The Leftovers."Eccleston is one of four new additions to the cast, joining leading man Justin Theroux in the pilot directed by Peter Berg and co-written by Lindelof and Tom Perrotta, based on Perrotta's 2011 novel.The story is set ...
June 10, 2013 - Zap2It
- Richard Nixon in GMA news.tv
Nixon said: "Boy, what are y'all going to do with the rest of the food," Lowe said. "Mr. Pye did not like being called 'boy' and he didn't like to be questioned about how the kitchen would deal with leftovers."
- Bruce Lahn in Monterey County Herald
If any human-Neanderthal mixing were to have occurred, where you would find the leftovers would be where the Neanderthal genetic contribution was advantageous,Lahn said.
- Peter Jackson in Telegraph.co.uk
How can it make sense to feed our landfill sites with our Christmas leftovers every year when we could be recycling them and turning them into something useful? Our latest research is very encouraging as it shows that separate food waste... Hilary Benn http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilary_Benn&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFmCEZ1RoBk4gDCgkRPbyJgAZA3sA Environmental Data Interactive http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.edie.net/news/news_story.asp%3Fid%3D17469%26channel%3D0%26title%3DAuthorities%2Bissue%2Btraditional%2BChristmas%2Brecycling%2Bplea&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH-328C9sBNDB4UjlOOuNqwsW0wiA Jan 4, 2010
57535 76448 leg-pulling Sir Peter, director of the acclaimed Lord of the Rings" trilogy, said: "It's Kiwi tongue-in-cheek humour at its very best, but beneath the leg-pulling is genuine pride. Having a big Wellywood sign surely pokes affectionate fun at Hollywood, and the...