lawless : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s without law or control
- s lax in enforcing laws
- s disobedient to or defiant of law
lawless bands roaming the plains
- Banditry of all kinds flourishes in lawless Somalia.
- So what better place to devote himself than in the backward, lawless Indian state of Bihar? Father Thomas set up a network of village schools for the children of "untouchable .
- In the past few months, several militant groups with bases in Pakistan's lawless tribal region have begun to move with relative impunity in and around the cities and towns of the .
News & Articles
- Pakistan, China set sights on Arabian Sea link
China and Pakistan set their sights Friday on developing a transport link through rugged mountains and lawless lands, a route they hope will boost economic growth and bring critical oil supplies to power-hungry ...
July 5, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Aid worker killed in fighting in biggest city in Darfur
KHARTOUM (Reuters) - One aid worker was killed and three others wounded when a grenade hit their office during a gunfight between competing security forces on Thursday in the biggest city of Sudan's Darfur region, the United Nations and witnesses said. Clashes between the army, rebels and rival tribes have surged in the vast and mostly lawless region in recent months, but had until now been ...
July 5, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Immigrants Not Needed if Americans Have More Kids, Says American Family Association (Audio)
Bryan Fischer, executive director of the American Family Association, warned on his radio show "Focal Point" on Wednesday that “two and half of the three branches of our government are now in the hands of people who are lawless, they are immoral and they are godless.” Fischer didn't provide names or any proof of that claim, but added: "Our republic, the constitution itself is hanging by one ...
July 4, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Gordon Brown in Seattle Post Intelligencer
The risks they bear and the sacrifices they make should be in our thoughts, not just today but every day,Brown said. "They have paid the ultimate price, but they have achieved something of lasting value - helping turn a lawless region...
- Richard Blumenthal in International Herald Tribune
FERC's decision to approve this environmental atrocity is ill-conceived, illogical and illegal,said Blumenthal, a Democrat. "FERC never met an energy project it didn't like. This decision epitomizes the (Bush) administration's lawless love...
- Nouri al-Maliki in Inquirer.net
Criminals and lawless gangs are using human shields in Sadr City ...... They are following the steps of the Baathist regime,Maliki said at a press conference earlier Wednesday. "They are trying to gain sympathy but they are using the lies...