- n the sound of knocking (as on a door or in an engine or bearing)
the knocking grew louder
- v deliver a sharp blow or push :"He knocked the glass clear across the room"
- v rap with the knuckles
- v knock against with force or violence
- v make light, repeated taps on a surface
- v sound like a car engine that is firing too early
- v find fault with; express criticism of; point out real or perceived flaws
- But on Tuesday night, millions of people witnessed Michelle Obama daintily knocking knuckles with her husband as the Illinois Senator took the stage to claim the 2008 Democratic .
- Knocking down doors was replaced by knocking on doors.
- Instead, the boy with highlighted hair and a self-professed disdain for coach-mandated curfews went knocking on the doors of sports schools himself.
News & Articles
- 2013 NBA Finals, Heat vs. Spurs Game 5: San Antonio uses big second-half run to grab 114-104 victory and 3-2 series lead
The San Antonio Spurs are just one win away from knocking off the defending champion Miami Heat thanks to a 114-104 victory in Game 5 of the NBA Finals. The Spurs used a 21-2 second-half run to seize control of the game and the series.
June 17, 2013 - Philly.com
- Comcast: Temporary equipment failure prevented Hawks fans from watching game in HD
Equipment failure was blamed for temporarily knocking out the signal to the Chicago Blackhawks-Boston Bruins Stanley Cup finals game Saturday night, preventing Comcast viewers from watching the game in high definition. Comcast’s Customer Care center lit up with calls from frantic fans, but the cable company declined Sunday to say how many customers called to complain. For 25 minutes, customers ...
June 16, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Opportunity's Knocking And Marketers Are Not Answering
Someone's knocking at the door, somebody's ringing the bell, someone's knocking at the door, somebody's ringing the bell, do me a favor, open the door and let 'em in.
June 12, 2013 - Forbes
- Conan O Brien in Philadelphia Inquirer
Doing so, O'Brien wrote, would "seriously damage what I consider to be the greatest franchise in the history of broadcasting. 'The Tonight Show' at 12:05 simply isn't 'The Tonight Show.' Also, if I accept this move I will be knocking the 'Late...
- Naomi Campbell in Radio Netherlands
According to a declaration, Ms Campbell said that "she had been awakened in the night by knocking at her door. She opened the door to find two or three men, she does not recall how many, who presented her with a large diamond which they said was...
- Batista in Toronto Sun
We heard a commotion at the door, knocking at it, trying to get in,said project manager Liony Batista.