- n a river in western Thailand; a major tributary of the Chao Phraya
- n a sharp high-pitched resonant sound (as of a sonar echo or a bullet striking metal)
- v hit with a pinging noise
The bugs pinged the lamp shade
- v sound like a car engine that is firing too early
the car pinged when I put in low-octane gasoline
- v make a short high-pitched sound
the bullet pinged when they struck the car
- v contact, usually in order to remind of something
I'll ping my accountant--April 15 is nearing
- v send a message from one computer to another to check whether it is reachable and active
ping your machine in the office
- Though the name of Mao Zedong still has resonance around the world, the man who has inherited the mantle of Chinese hero is Deng Xiaoping.
- Last week a challenge at ping-pong was given the formality of print.
- Original team members from the 1971 ping pong diplomacy event will face-off again today at the Richard Nixon Presidential Library in southern California.
News & Articles
- Leftovers: No Sign Of Relief In Arms Debate
Picking on college baseball for the "ping" of its bats was a longtime tradition for baseball purists. But that went out of style with PalmPilots and Subway sandwich artists cutting the top of the bread in the shape of a U. Nowadays, it's the age-old debate
June 13, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Morning Review: Police used cell phone 'ping' to find Holland man, 46, in rendezvous with girl, 16
Police near Kansas City used technology to 'ping' a 16-year-old girl's cell phone and arrest a 46-year-old Holland man she'd met for a rendezvous.
June 12, 2013 - The Grand Rapids Press
- Ping Identity Accelerates Federated Business
Ping Identity®, The Identity Security Company™, today announced PingFederate 7, a major upgrade to its identity bridge software and Cloud Identity Management Platform. The release
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Chuck Hagel in Seattle Times
This is a ping-pong game with American lives. ...... And we better be damn sure we know what we're doing, all of us, before we put 22,000 more Americans into that grinder,Hagel said. "What do you believe?"
- Andy Roddick in AFP
I took a lot of risks there in the last two sets,Roddick said. "That's what I have to do. My comfort zone of moving the ball around and maybe chip, ping it around a little bit doesn't work against Rafa. I had to try to come up with...