knee : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella
- n joint between the femur and tibia in a quadruped; corresponds to the human knee
- n the part of a trouser leg that provides the cloth covering for the knee
- A doctor examines a patient's knee.
- Does your dad hit the links? Maybe with his socks pulled up to the knee? His fashion sense may be irredeemable, but teeing off with GolfCard can up the cool factor a bit.
- Nearly a million knee surgeries are performed in North America each year to ease the pain of osteoarthritis but researchers say the procedure is a sham.
- Tiger Wood in Newsday
I have to do the right thing for my long-term health,Woods, 32, said in the statement. "My doctors assure me with the proper rehabilitation and training, the knee will be strong and there will be no long-term effects."
- Dara Torres in Toronto Star
He found a tear in my quad tendon that was undiagnosed,Torres said in an e-mail message. "Excluding draining my knee, he has never treated me, but I did see his chiropractor who did soft-tissue work on my leg. That was the extent of my...
- Daunte Culpepper in ESPN
When free agency began this year, I had a new sense of excitement about continuing to rebuild my career in the same way that I had rebuilt my knee after my catastrophic injury in 2005,Culpepper said Thursday. "Unfortunately, what I found...