kneeling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n supporting yourself on your knees
- v rest one's weight on one's knees
- Feet off kneelers kneeling bench in the pews.
- And inevitably the criticism arrived as well, dressed up in social science and scholarly glee at the semiotics of girls kneeling beneath raised swords to affirm their purity.
- Justin Frankel, kneeling center, and his buddies, from left, Fritz Jnker, Tom Pepper, and Brennan Underwood mug for the camera, New York, July, 1999.
News & Articles
- Mountain Lakes’ over 40 men’s soccer team completes season
The Mountain Lakes O40 soccer team played in the Men's Soccer League of New Jersey and New York, over 40. They are standing left to right: Dan Apel, Mike Delhausser, Alex Miles, Bill Stetter, Kelly Derr, Steve Boyle, Jay Mc Inerney, Kenny Silverman. Kneeling: Greg Boyle, Pat Fisher, Valerio Ferrari, John De Mezzo, and Keven McDonald.
June 12, 2013 - The Record
- Cambodia welcomes statues' return from US museum
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia — Two 10th century Cambodian stone statues displayed for nearly two decades at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art were returned to their homeland Tuesday in a high-profile case of allegedly looted artifacts. The voluntary return of the pair of "Kneeling Attendants" statues by one of America's foremost cultural institutions is seen as setting a precedent for the ...
June 11, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Woman run over while kneeling on street in northeast Harris County
Woman run over while kneeling on street in northeast Harris County Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 9:20 pm, Saturday, June 8, 2013 A 43-year-old woman was killed early Saturday morning when she was hit by a Toyota Prius in northeast Harris County, authorities said. The ...
June 9, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Tom Brady in Washington Post
I hope I don't see him this weekend,Brady said with a smile, "unless he's kneeling down on the ball."
- Vernon Wells in MLB.com
We had a 6-year-old and a 3-year-old, both boys, brothers,Wells recalled. "The 3-year-old didn't say a word. He was attached to his brother. His brother pretty much took care of him. I remember kneeling down to take off the 3-year-old's...
- Bill Belichick in USA Today
We're down by 10 with 10 minutes to go in the game in Indianapolis, and we're kneeling on the ball with two minutes to go, against a good team, on the road, who definitely had us on the ropes,Belichick said. "I was very happy with that....