- n a projection or ridge that suggests a keel
- n the median ridge on the breastbone of birds that fly
- n one of the main longitudinal beams (or plates) of the hull of a vessel; can extend vertically into the water to provide lateral stability
- v walk as if unable to control one's movements
- But three weeks ago a Kaiser yard delivered a Liberty ship just 86 days after its keel was laid; early this week, another was delivered 74 days after keel-laying; by week's end .
- When the keel of a mighty ship is laid with the help of the British King-Emperor's only daughter, Princess Mary, loyal Britons are in a mood to demand that that ship must be .
- The latest design: a tandem keel that combines the rudder and keel fin and eliminates the need for a separate rudder.
News & Articles
- There’s no business like ‘showboat’
Among the most popular movies in the early Fifties was “Showboat,” a stunning version of the Jerome Kern musical starring Kathryn Grayson, Howard Keel and Ava Gardner.
June 12, 2013 - Baytown Sun
- Tribal leaders focus on energy development hurdles
SANDIA PUEBLO, N.M. (AP) — Federal and tribal politics and bureaucracy remain some of the reasons energy development has been so difficult in Indian Country, American Indian leaders said Tuesday. Navajo Nation President Ben Shelly, National Congress of American Indians President Jefferson Keel and others opened a three-day conference with a round-table discussion about the hurdles of developing ...
June 11, 2013 - The Wenatchee World
- High school softball: Best-ever run ends for Whittier
LOWELL - Of all the intangibles trotted out in modern-day sports, probably the most important is experience. It is the one trait that can succeed without overarching emotion, playing at peak performance and at an even keel all at once. St. Mary's ha
June 10, 2013 - The Eagle-Tribune
- Joe Mauer in ESPN
We've been waiting a long time,said Mauer, who grew up in St. Paul. "It was tough for me. I was trying to stay on an even keel and remind myself that we had a ballgame to play and we had to try to win that ballgame. It's tough to describe...
- Tony Dungy in SportingNews.com
We know we have to get back to work,Dungy said. "I still haven't come down yet. I'm a pretty even-keel guy, but it's still a special time. It's been great, it's been fun, but we have to zero in on the 2007 season."
- Clay Buchholz in Kansas City Star
Now that I'm here, I feel like nothing can go wrong,Buchholz said. "I'll try to keep an even keel and remember it's not that easy all the time."