- n river boat with a shallow draught and a keel but no sails; used to carry freight; moved by rowing or punting or towing
- From the Falls of the Ohio, where a festival will celebrate the place at which Clark climbed aboard Lewis' keelboat, all the way west to tiny Fort Clatsop, Ore .
- Henry Shreve's keelboat floated past "bleak and dingy" Pittsburgh; past Charlestown with its two-story pillory and stocks ("there were not many towns that could punish two .
- Getting basic keelboat certification can involve as little as four days of combined classroom and sailing instruction, costing about $500.
News & Articles
- Junior Sailors Race In Twilight Regatta
Big boat racing on Manhasset Bay Port Washington Yacht Club held its Eighth Annual Twilight Keelboat Regatta in August. Thunder and rain was intermittent during the daylight but the evening weather transpired with little trouble. The 7.7 mile race commenced in the early evening with four boats and its sailors whose ages ranged from 14 to 17. The junior sailors from Port Washington comprised of a ...
Aug. 29, 2013 - Manhasset Press
- Ben Ainslie in Sportinglife.com
There is a really good group of talented young sailors at the moment. We are looking at ways of continuing our success and the Volvo Youth Keelboat scheme is one of those ways,said Ainslie. "It is not necessarily designed for Olympic...