- v knock unconscious or senseless
- s knocked unconscious by a heavy blow
- A convict turned fighter, Machen seemed headed for the championship until Sweden's Ingemar Johansson kayoed him in the first round of a 1958 fight.
- He was gashed and kayoed when bumpy air over the troublesome Nittany Mountains conked him against an overhead baggage rack.
- Lucian ("Sonny") Banks, 24, journeyman heavyweight boxer from Detroit, whose main claim to fame was his 1962 knockdown of Cassius Clay (Clay kayoed Banks four rounds later); of a .