out : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (baseball) a failure by a batter or runner to reach a base safely in baseball
you only get 3 outs per inning
- v to state openly and publicly one's homosexuality
This actor outed last year
- v reveal (something) about somebody's identity or lifestyle
The gay actor was outed last week
Someone outed a CIA agent
- v be made known; be disclosed or revealed
The truth will out
- a not allowed to continue to bat or run
he was tagged out at second on a close play
he fanned out
- s being out or having grown cold
the fire is out
- s not worth considering as a possibility
a picnic is out because of the weather
- s out of power; especially having been unsuccessful in an election
now the Democrats are out
- s excluded from use or mention
in our house dancing and playing cards were out
- s directed outward or serving to direct something outward
the out doorway
the out basket
- s no longer fashionable
that style is out these days
- s outside or external
the out surface of a ship's hull
- s outer or outlying
the out islands
- s knocked unconscious by a heavy blow
- r away from home
they went out last night
- r moving or appearing to move away from a place, especially one that is enclosed or hidden;
the cat came out from under the bed
- r from one's possession
he gave out money to the poor
- PTI asks questions about the future of health and the environment during the 21st century.
- A new study suggests that kids are overscheduled, overworked--and running out of time for fun.
- The 100 others have simply melted away, dropping out in a slow, steady bleed that has left the town wondering how it could have let down so many of its kids.
News & Articles
- Washed Out announces Union Transfer show and new album details
Washed Out announces tour and new album details.
June 11, 2013 - Philly.com
- Out of Home International raise the profile for London’s 2013 Folkfest
Out of Home International have been appointed by The Bedford live music venue in South West London, working towards the implementation of an outdoor campaign to promote the 2013 Folkfest. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10817853.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Out to Lunch ... with Greg Lang
Out To Lunchis a periodic feature that allows readers a chance to learn about the people behind the titles in Gwinnett County through a lunchtime conversation with a member of the GDP staff. The subject picks the place, we pick up the tab and then share the conversations that occur during the meal.
June 10, 2013 - Gwinnett Daily Post
- Barack Obama in ABC News
In the coming days and weeks, these efforts should capture up to 90 percent of the oil leaking out of the well,Obama told the nation from the Oval Office.
- Richard Clark in The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
Today's announcement is another important step as we integrate out global operations and move forward with Merck's strategic priorities,Chief Executive Officer Richard Clark said. "These changes are crucial to drive future growth."