- n a feeling of dismal cheerlessness
- But there's little they can do to lift the pall of joylessness that hangs over this film.
- There is, survivors report, a cold joylessness to the proceedings, something that in its own way is a lot harder to parse than the perverse pleasure of a serial killer.
- The apparent joylessness that went into Show Your Bones is blessedly absent from the final product.
- Friedrich Nietzsche in BBC News
As Friedrich Nietzsche said "The mother of excess is not joy but joylessness".
- Jonah Hill in guardian.co.uk
I had this idea about the joylessness of writing comedy,explains Hill. "If you notice, when I'm writing gags in the film, it's almost like I'm solving a math problem. When Seth and I write in real life, it's a fun environment. But I've...