- n a lever used by a pilot to control the ailerons and elevators of an airplane
- n a manual control consisting of a vertical handle that can move freely in two directions; used as an input device to computers or to devices controlled by computers
- The first, an Atari joystick, it was cool but lacked my favorites.
- The tiny size of the camcorder does have limitations: you have to use a joystick for standard controls like Play, Stop and Fast-Forward.
- When you play with an old-style controller, you look like a loser, a blank-eyed joystick fondler.
News & Articles
- Apple eyes better iPad gaming with joystick controller patent
Diagrams envision accessories for Apple devices that would attach buttons and joysticks, saving the world of gamers from dreaded hand-hover fatigue Originally posted at News - Internet & Media
June 11, 2013 - CNET
- IMPRESSIONS: Pikmin 3 Impressions
Learn about the new and much-improved Pikmin 3 demo, including multi-tasking and competitive multiplayer. Having played Pikmin 3 demos at back-to-back E3s, I'd say the game has come a long way in the past year. Nintendo wised up this year and gave me a Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk right away, noting that their teams vastly prefer this setup (though joystick/button play is also supported on both ...
June 11, 2013 - Nintendo World Report
- Dean Takahashi in TechRadar UK
When I did a demo of the technology, I was able to control a game just by waving my arms around. I could fly a plane by pretending to hold a joystick and also box against a virtual fighter by throwing punches toward the camera,writes...
- Allen Rossum in San Jose Mercury News
Anything, Rossum said, "to tempt them to put down the joystick."
- Josh Beckett in Los Angeles Dodgers
He's been swinging the bat really well for about a week and a half,said Beckett. "I was joking with him one day at shortstop during BP about how he needed a joystick to get the ball so he could keep it away from some of the defenders."