joy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the emotion of great happiness
- n something or someone that provides a source of happiness
a joy to behold
- v feel happiness or joy
- v make glad or happy
- To the irreverent citizens of Rio de Janeiro, the city's House of Aldermen is the "Golden Cage" and its pork-packed bills are "joy trains.
- The joy Michelle, 45, brings to her roles as First Mother and First Lady is what makes her so intoxicating.
News & Articles
- Little joy in Croatia as it enters the EU
Little joy in Croatia as it enters the EU Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 11:57 am, Monday, June 17, 2013 The pro-EU voices focus on the prospects that Croatians could find jobs in more prosperous EU countries, that their country could attract more foreign investments and ...
June 22, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Joy Bryant Reunites with Ex-Agents; Set for ‘About Last Night’
*Joy Bryant has signed with Resolution Agency, reuniting her with a team led by her longtime CAA agent, Steve Alexander, reports Deadline.com. Bryant, whose breakout came in “Antwone Fisher,” can currently be seen in her role as Jasmine Trussell on NBC’s “Parenthood” and will next be seen in the feature film “About Last Night,” starring [...]
June 20, 2013 - EURweb
- Joy Bryant Returns To Longtime Agent Steve Alexander At Resolution
EXCLUSIVE : Joy Bryant has signed with Resolution Agency, reuniting her with a team led by her longtime CAA agent, Steve Alexander. Bryant, whose breakout came in Antwone Fisher , can currently be seen in her role as Jasmine Trussell on NBC’s Parenthood and will next be seen in the feature film About Last Night , starring opposite Kevin Hart and Paula Patton. She continues to produce and appear ...
June 19, 2013 - Deadline Hollywood
- Chet Culver in The Associated Press
I am especially saddened because the accident occurred during the events celebrating Independence Day, which is a day that should be filled with pride and joy for all Iowans and Americans,Culver said.
- Pope Benedict XVI in Catholic Herald Online
He said: "And so it happened that, in this very year of joy for the sacrament of the priesthood, the sins of priests came to light - particularly the abuse of the little ones, in which the priesthood, whose task is to manifest God's concern for our...
- Barack Obama in New York Times
She has gone home,Mr. Obama said, his voice tinged with emotion as he briefly spoke of her death at a campaign rally here. "She died peacefully in her sleep with my sister at her side, so there's great joy instead of tears."