- v make unhappy
The news of her death saddened me
- v come to feel sad
- When you hear news from Afghanistan or Iraq, does it sadden you? Oh yes, it does sadden me a great deal.
- The plan had been to have aircraft hang a curtain of smoke over the German lines and project thereon pictures and remarks that would sadden the enemy.
- Did he want to make fat priests lean, and sadden lean ones by .
- Duncan Keith in NHL.com
I've kind of heard about it. To be honest with you, it kind of saddens me,he said after winning the Norris Trophy as the NHL's top defenseman at the NHL Awards Show in Las Vegas. "It really does sadden me. Those are my good buddies leaving...
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in ABC News
Not that I have fun with making the cuts -- they sadden me -- but ...... that doesn't mean that you cannot wave a knife around, or to wave your sword around, to get the message across that certain cuts have to be made because it's budget time,...
- Glenn Hegar in Dallas Morning News
Senator Carona's distortions sadden me because not only are they patently false, but because he is also attempting to reinvent history,Hegar said.