joking : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v tell a joke; speak humorously
- v act in a funny or teasing way
- s characterized by jokes and good humor
- Her words to the caller, the person handling our financial matters, grew insistent: "You're joking? This is a joke, right?" We didn't know it yet, but we had been playing in the .
- All the while, the band members deflected criticism with aplomb, joking about their 15 minutes and telling anyone who would listen that even if they were only one-hit wonders, that .
- But the president-elect did seem in great spirits, joking with a small group of reporters who attended the beginning of the meeting with economic advisers.
News & Articles
- Google's Project Loon proposes internet distributed by hot air balloon (video)
No, we're not joking. Google is seriously proposing hot air ballon-powered internet access, and has already launched a pilot project in New Zealand with 50 testers trying to connect via a helium-filled, solar powered balloon. One of the Google[x] moonshot projects, there are a couple of videos embedded after the break explaining the issue, and the technology Google wants to use to address it ...
June 15, 2013 - Engadget
- Strand, Fairmont shut out Bridgeport
Fairmont Post 17 Legion players gathered around the dugout joking about what the team from Fairmont Senior, East Fairmont and North Marion high schools should call itself. Polar Bees, one player suggested — a combination of Polar Bears and Bees.
June 15, 2013 - The Times West Virginian
- Glendale PD: Man fatally shoots friend while playing video games
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Glendale police arrested a man this week after he allegedly shot and killed his friend while they were joking around. Police said they responded to an apartment complex near 55th Avenue and Camelback Road on Wednesday night after receiving word that someone had been shot. Officers arrived and spoke with four people, one of whom was identified 20-year-old Joe Colter. Colter ...
June 14, 2013 - KTVK 3TV Phoenix
- Joe Biden in San Francisco Chronicle
I've had a great relationship. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking,Biden said.
- Gilbert Arenas in ESPN
I understand the importance of teaching nonviolence to kids in today's world,Arenas wrote. "Guns and violence are serious problems, not joking matters -- a lesson that's been brought home to me over the past few weeks. I thought about this...
- Sylvester Stallone in Pro Wrestling Torch
My fight with Stone Cold Steve Austin was so vicious that I ended up getting a hairline fracture in my neck. I'm not joking,Stallone told FHM Magazine. "I haven't told anyone this, but I had to have a very serious operation afterwards. I...