- v tell a joke; speak humorously
- v act in a funny or teasing way
- s characterized by jokes and good humor
- It is a variation on the traditional Persian theme of a Sufi master sitting on a rock, jesting with his loving disciples.
- There were some fears that it might have ad-libbed its usefulness, that jesting at patriotism might not go down in wartime.
- It is difficult to smile with an aching heartit is ill jesting when our deepest sympathies are awakened.
News & Articles
- Hands-on with Apple's new iPhone cases
The iPhone 5s and 5c announcements were the big stories at today's Apple event, but let's not lose sight of the things that really matter -- like the iPhone's accompanying cases, of course. Jesting aside, both smartphones received a full lineup of colorful cases that not only add a degree of protection to the phones but also throw in another element of personalization that's become so prevalent ...
Sept. 10, 2013 - Engadget
- Gary Lineker in The Sun
Lineker said: "We've got vital games at both ends of the table. It's all too serious now for any court jesting."
- Charles Gibson in FOXNews
It was a jesting reference and I probably should never have quoted it,Gibson said. "I'm literally puzzled as to what they were doing. It is certainly worth traveling there. There are certainly problems to explore and issues to do. But I...
- David James in International Herald Tribune
On my to-do list, when I signed for the club, I would say (playing AC Milan) was quite high up there,said James, who is in his third season at Fratton Park. "I'm jesting. When I signed for the club obviously the first thing was to avoid...