- s characterized by jokes and good humor
- His round, snub-nosed face was made for mirth, especially its wide, thin-lipped mouth, which even in repose is curved like a jocose crescent.
- The finale is in jocose, carnival spirit, but a carnival whose details are as vaporous as a dream, only solidifying as the music nears its end.
- A suit more jocose than bitter was brought in Manhattan last week by Abraham, William, Herbert Morton Minsky, proprietors of three burlesque theatres, against Sidney Ross .
- Brian Lenihan in Irish Times
Mr Lenihan replied: "It is important to stress that the Minister of State in question made it clear he was speaking in a jocose sense".