ironing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n garments (clothes or linens) that are to be (or have been) ironed
there was a basketful of ironing to do
- n the work of using heat to smooth washed clothes in order to remove any wrinkles
- v press and smooth with a heated iron
she stood there ironing
- The attraction of extreme ironing lies in its simplicity.
- And you shall know them by the crease in their trousers: hanging from sheer rock faces, strapped to the exteriors of moving vehicles, even under water, extreme ironing competitors .
- Each weekday, more than 6,000,000 housewives in 171 cities set up their ironing boards in front of the TV set to watch their idol; and this in turn has attracted such a crush of .
News & Articles
- Turner Halfway Through Upfront Deals; Fox Effectively Done
With much of the broadcast upfront market still unsettled—ABC and NBC are still ironing out their pricing strategies—some top-tier cable players have quietly begun piecing together deals with major agencies. Sources on Wednesday said that Turner is halfway done with its 2013-14 upfront business, writing CPM premiums that are 7 percent to 8 percent higher than the rates it secured a year ago ...
June 12, 2013 - Mediaweek
- 'Ball ironing': Clooney joke is real procedure
KRISTEN BUTLER, UPI.com Hollywood goes nuts over 'ball ironing', a testicle-tightening service everyone thought was a George Clooney joke.
June 11, 2013 - UPI
- ‘Ball Ironing,’ a Cosmetic Procedure for Men
When an Italian magazine asked George Clooney about plastic surgery, he recently joked, "I never fixed my eyes, but I spent more money to stretch the skin of my testicles. I did not like wrinkles. It's a new technique, many people in Hollywood have done it. It's called 'ball ironing.'" And ... More »
June 10, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Jonathan Papelbon in ESPN
I'm at the mercy of the club right now to a certain extent,Papelbon said Tuesday after pitching a perfect inning in Boston's 5-3 exhibition win over the Pittsburgh Pirates. "It's just a matter of ironing out the numbers. We haven't ironed...
- Grant Balfour in Sydney Morning Herald
It's all just starting to hit home,Balfour said from Florida yesterday. "They're ironing the World Series logos onto our uniforms right now, and it just makes you stop and think, 'This is real'. It's something you dream of all your life,...
- Chris Moyles in Sky News
I just find that if you're Polish you're just very good at ironing, and prostitutes. Very good at, also, fixing cars,Moyles said in his award winning breakfast show on November 19.