irons : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n metal shackles; for hands or legs
- n a heavy ductile magnetic metallic element; is silver-white in pure form but readily rusts; used in construction and tools and armament; plays a role in the transport of oxygen by the blood
- n a golf club that has a relatively narrow metal head
- n implement used to brand live stock
- n home appliance consisting of a flat metal base that is heated and used to smooth cloth
- v press and smooth with a heated iron
News & Articles
- Starbucks to post calorie counts on menu boards nationwide
The move by Starbucks comes as the Food and Drug Administration irons out the details of a regulation that would require companies with more than 20 locations to post calorie information on their menus.
June 18, 2013 - The Sun Press
- Irons refuses to work with dad
Max Irons has ruled out ever working with his actor father, Jeremy Irons , insisting it would be a "nightmare" to shoot a movie with him.
June 17, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Heights' Irons top boys' track performer
Haddon Heights track star Dominique Irons searches through his black Nissan Maxima to show off his medals. About eight hang from the rearview mirror. More rest inside the beige center console, some even unopened, because Irons does not want to break the mirror.
June 14, 2013 - Philly.com
- Steve Bruce in The Press Association
I've a number of irons in the fire,Bruce added in the Sunderland Echo. "The situation with Westermann was complicated because the boy got injured at the end of last season. But there is still interest there. We have made a bid but that...
- Tiger Wood in AFP
I didn't really do much of anything positively today. I didn't feel good over any shot today and didn't drive it very good, hit my irons worse and didn't make any putts,Woods said.
- Juli Inkster in International Herald Tribune
I played very well,Inkster said. "I'm driving the ball well, I hit good irons and good wedges, and I'm putting good."