ironmonger : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who sells hardware
in England they call a hardwareman an ironmonger
- n a store selling hardware
in Great Britain they used to call a hardware store an ironmonger's shop
- The writer of this excellent column will observe by turning to a French dictionary that ferronire may mean 1) an ironmonger female, or 2) a frontlet (defined in Webster's .
- A onetime ironmonger, Walton wrote not for money but for pleasure, hoped each reader would share that pleasure and "that (if he be an honest Angler) the East wind may never blow .
- He sent little Camille to Paris to school, brought him back to the Islands to make an ironmonger of him.
News & Articles
- Sterne Agee Closes Acquisition Of London Firm, Expands Internationally
LONDON and BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Dec. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sterne Agee, one of the oldest and largest privately held financial services firms in the United States, today announced the closing of its purchase of London-based brokerage firm Yorvik Partners LLP, which has been renamed Sterne Agee UK LLP. The acquisition establishes Sterne Agee's first overseas presence at 11 Ironmonger Lane, London ...
Dec. 2, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Gwyneth Paltrow in Fametastic
Paltrow explains, "I kept exercising and running around in the movie. Then it really started to expand." "In one scene I'm running away from Ironmonger - the bad Iron Man - and I said to Jon, 'My knee is really hurting, I don't know how many...