- s quickly aroused to anger
- s characterized by anger
an irascible response
- Less irascible and blunt than his hard-driving predecessor, the mayor has earned the reputation of being a modest, even-tempered and practical person capable of getting things done through consensus.
- Less irascible and blunt than his hard-driving predecessor Zhu Rongji, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao has earned the reputation of being a modest, even-tempered and practical person .
- His father was irascible, witty, hard drinking and ruinously improvident; his mother, a devout Roman Catholic, helplessly watched her husband and family slide into near poverty and .
- Ralph Kiner in Forbes
The player with the best career batting average "wasn't irascible around me, but I heard the stories," Kiner said.
- Christopher Buckley in NewsMax.com
But that was - sigh - then. John McCain has changed,Buckley writes. "This campaign has changed John McCain. It has made him inauthentic. A once-first class temperament has become irascible and snarly; his positions change, and lack...
- Bo Schembechler in Salt Lake Tribune
I had a wonderful experience there because I coached for Woody when Woody was really Woody,Schembechler said. "He was the most irascible guy that ever lived, and the worst guy in the world to work for. But I wouldn't change that experience...