- s quickly aroused to anger
- In other words, his short-tempered everyman has been dragged snarling and fretful into the computer age, and there's some fun to be had from him.
- Their natures, too, are similar: both are impatient, often short-tempered and, say their critics, sometimes authoritarian.
- Many of the students are troubled, and short-tempered Gauld treats them like a drill instructor faced with a platoon of left-footed recruits.
News & Articles
- Jerome Groopman: Alzheimer’s researchers seek a new approach.
Reisa Sperling remembers her grandfather as the robust, genial patriarch of her family. When she was young, he took her ballroom dancing and deep-sea fishing. But as he entered his seventies he became irritable and short-tempered, worried about money, and suspicious of Sperling’s father and aunt . . . (Subscription required.)
June 17, 2013 - The New Yorker
- 99 Words About ... The Overpopulation Of 'True Blood'
It's getting pretty crowded in Bon Temps. "True Blood" (9 p.m. Sunday, HBO) began as the story of a mind-reading waitress, her dim-bulb brother, short-tempered friend, kind-hearted boss and the dreamy new vampire in town. Now, there's all manner of vampires,
June 13, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal