- v treat, mention, or speak to rudely
- s expressing extreme contempt
- Criticism or Insult? Is it insulting for a critic to write that a Rigoletto chorus sounded like "a bunch of miniature pinschers"? Indeed it is, cried 48 members of Austria's Graz.
- But an insult? In a way, it is insulting to Jews that Fundamentalist Christians don't try harder to convert us.
- Agree with Biden not being insulting, but is this another round of BRIC The Other Cold War Meattm new USSR bent on global domination? As per our last debate in JK's Shot .
News & Articles
- What is the black detour?
Over the past week, there have been several comments regarding "black detour" signs and it is apparent that some in the public do not understand why these signs have been installed along our roadways...even though they have been visible for nearly five years. Before this gets out of hand and people start "insulting each other" through phone calls...
June 29, 2013 - The Community Connection
- Roman Catholic Archbishop Calls Self-Described Christians 'Pagan'
In a recent speech to the Junipero Serra International Convention in Mallorca, Spain, Archbishop Charles J. Chaput attacked lukewarm Christians as "pagan." While insulting on its face, the statement received support and clarification from both the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and the Dean of Theology at Catholic University.
June 28, 2013 - The Christian Post
- Soccer-Miccoli apologises for insulting anti-mafia judge
(repeats fixing date) ROME, June 27 (Reuters) - Former Palermo soccer captain Fabrizio Miccoli made an emotional apology on Thursday after being accused of insulting the murdered anti-mafia judge Giovanni Falcone. Miccoli was close to tears at a news conference in the Sicilian capital, a day after he was questioned for five hours by public prosecutors. "I ask forgiveness of the whole city of ...
June 27, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Ozzy Osbourne in Washington Post
It is insulting to me and to my audience and it shows how lazy this particular sheriff is when it comes to doing his job,Osbourne said.
- Eliot Engel in The Associated Press
You're really insulting our intelligence,Rep. Eliot Engel, a Democrat from New York, said at Thursday's hearing. "I am thoroughly disgusted."
- Victor Hanescu in The Press Association
Hanescu added: "There were people in the crowd that had been insulting me since the beginning of the match. I was winning, had four match points in the third set, but unfortunately I could not close it out. Then I got a leg injury at the end of the...