inhabited : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v inhabit or live in; be an inhabitant of
The people inhabited the islands that are now deserted
- v be present in
- v exist or be situated within
Strange notions inhabited her mind
- a having inhabitants; lived in
the inhabited regions of the earth
- Aircraft designers look forward to the day when all interceptors will be "uninhabited"i.
- Merckle was born in 1934, and in 1945 fled with his family from Sudetenland, a region near the German-Czech border that was inhabited by ethnic Germans and occupied by Hitler's .
- The title Ecumenical Patriarch historically refers to the Patriarch's pastoral responsibility for "the whole inhabited world.
News & Articles
- 'Jungle Book': When Mary met Walt (and Rudyard)
Rudyard Kipling hated Chicago. "It holds rather more than a million of people with bodies, and stands on the same sort of soil as Calcutta," wrote the man whom George Orwell dubbed "the prophet of British imperialism in its expansionist phase," following a visit to Chicago in the 1880s. "Having seen it, I urgently desire never to see it again. It is inhabited by savages. Its water is the water ...
June 15, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- St.Landry Parish Daily Arrest Report
This is the St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office arrest report for June 14, 2013. St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office responded to over 87 complaints over the past 24 hours. Glenda S. Andrus, age 51, 390 Pavy Rd., Opelousas, LA, unauthorized entry of inhabited dwelling, simple battery of the infirm. Brittany Dugas, age 22, 462 Pavy Rd., Opelousas, LA, simple battery of the infirm, unauthorized ...
June 14, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- Larry Ellison's Fantasy Island
One of the world's richest people, Larry Ellison is known for his colorful exploits. Now he's tackling one of his most ambitious and expensive projects yet: rejuvenating one of Hawaii's smallest inhabited islands.
June 13, 2013 - The Wall Street Journal via Yahoo! Finance
- Prince Charles in AHN
Charles, who is now married to Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, said: "I am profoundly grateful to have lived when such a prodigious talent inhabited this Earth." "My wife and I and my sons join with countless others who mourn the passing of...
- Peter Garrett in The Australian
Some say the market for the DS is saturated, but I disagree. In Japan, a country with a population of 127 million, we've sold 23 million DS units. The United States is inhabited by over 300 million people, and there are more than 490 million people... Satoru Iwata http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoru_Iwata&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF_bzrtmaL9S7zCvA9BpCc8QYR7cg EndSights http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.endsights.com/%3Fp%3D551&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEqU328ZpXkXPpXUvtZiI_iS-6AIg Jan 7, 2009
51838 69248 inhabited Mr Abbott must today release his own scientific evidence to prove the globe has stopped warming, or admit he got it wrong," Mr Garrett said. "Australia is one of the hottest and driest inhabited places on earth and our environment and...