industry : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the people or companies engaged in a particular kind of commercial enterprise
each industry has its own trade publications
- n the organized action of making of goods and services for sale
American industry is making increased use of computers to control production
- n persevering determination to perform a task
frugality and industry are still regarded as virtues
- So what to make of the news that major players in the health care industry are vowing to "do our part" to rein in health costs as part of the Obama Administration's drive to get a .
- Economists take infinite pains in diagnosing the auto, oil or steel industry, but almost no one tackles the industry that makes 'the most important product of all.
- Out from Washington last week flashed the news that the TV industry has been waiting to hear.
News & Articles
- Marine Industry Cares Foundation Presents $125,000 to Kids In Distress and the Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center
The Marine Industry Cares Foundation (MICF) presented checks totaling $125,000 to their benefiting charities, Kids in Distress and The Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center, at their 5th Annual Spin-A-Thon Thank You Party held recently. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10823865.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Industry-Leading Internet Retailer CableOrganizer.com Acquired, New CEO Appointed
Industry leading eTailer CableOrganizer.com, an industry-leading online retailer of electrical, telecom/datacom/networking, home theater, cable and wire management products, recently announced the majority stake investment/acquisition by KT Capital Partners, LP and CapitalSouth Partners Funds.
June 12, 2013 - RetailSolutionsOnline
- Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: General Motors, Ford Motor, Toyota Motors, Honda Motor and Nissan Motor
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: General Motors, Ford Motor, Toyota Motors, Honda Motor and Nissan Motor
June 12, 2013 - Zacks via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in BBC News
There are some in the financial industry who are misreading this moment,said President Obama in a speech to mark one year since the collapse of Lehman Brothers bank. "Instead of learning the lessons of Lehman and the crisis from which we...
- Bill Nelson in AFP
This all shows the oil industry holds shocking sway over the administration and even key federal employees,said Nelson, who is an opponent of expanded offshore leasing that President George W. Bush has been demanding from Congress.
- Edward Markey in Boston Globe
This is another bad decision in a disaster riddled with bad decisions by the oil industry,Markey said. "The only thing worse than one oil spill disaster in the Gulf of Mexico would be two oil spill disasters. This judge's decision flies in...