- n conscientiousness in paying proper attention to a task; giving the degree of care required in a given situation
- n persevering determination to perform a task
his diligence won him quick promotions
- n a diligent effort
- That ability to transcend worlds has something to do with Angelina's movie-star charismabut it also says something about her diligence and grit.
- Assuming it's all true, the banks and hedge funds that neglected due diligence were stupid and paid for it, while the managers who fed him clients' money the so-called .
- Although admired by many Republicans for his diligence, Levin rarely sides with them.