- v have an emotional or cognitive impact upon
This child impressed me as unusually mature
- v impress positively
The young chess player impressed her audience
- v produce or try to produce a vivid impression of
- v mark or stamp with or as if with pressure
- v reproduce by printing
- v take (someone) against his will for compulsory service, especially on board a ship
- v dye (fabric) before it is spun
- s deeply or markedly affected or influenced
- They were especially impressed by the NCIS investigators.
- Beth Dozoretz, fund-raiser and FOB, was, according to PTI, skiing when she heard that Clinton was "impressed" by Rich's case for a pardon.
- Patrons will be impressed by the snazzy multimedia presentations, such as an interactive computer map of early 20th century cathouses, with nice little Zagat-style reviews (the .
News & Articles
- Washington impressed with Rangers groundskeepers
Rangers manager Ron Washington was impressed by the groundskeepers' ability to fix a broken pipe before Tuesday's game against the Indians.
June 13, 2013 - Texas Rangers
- Arians impressed with CB Peterson
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — Entering his third NFL season, Patrick Peterson is impressing a new staff of coaches with his eye-popping skills. Coach Bruce Arians says he knew the young cornerback was special but now that he’s seen him up close he’s even more impressed.
June 13, 2013 - Mohave Daily News
- Garza impressed by Reds power display in 13-2 loss
CHICAGO (AP) -- Even Chicago Cubs pitcher Matt Garza was impressed by the Cincinnati Reds' display of power. Xavier Paul hit a three-run home run, Joey Votto added a two-run shot and the Cincinnati Reds roughed up Garza and the Chicago Cubs 12-2 on Tuesday night.
June 12, 2013 - The Daily Jeffersonian