- n a midwestern state in north-central United States
- n a member of the Algonquian people formerly of Illinois and regions to the west
- n the Algonquian language of the Illinois and Miami
News & Articles
- Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary to Offer Vision-Restoring Treatment
University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System Eye and Ear Infirmary only site in Illinois to offer bionic eye.
June 27, 2013 - Newswise
- Illinois senator wants to ban unhealthy food stamp purchases
DECATUR -- An Illinois lawmaker says people shouldn't get to buy unhealthy food with food stamps. Republican Senator Kyle McCarter filed a resolution asking federal lawmakers to ban non-nutritious food
June 27, 2013 - WAND TV 17 Decatur
- Illinois pension woes drive up costs in $1.3 billion bond sale
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Illinois sold $1.3 billion of general obligation bonds on Wednesday at fatter yields as investors demanded a higher return due to the state's inability to rein in huge public pension costs. Bonds due in 25 years in the Illinois deal yielded 5.65 percent or 160 basis points over Municipal Market Data's triple-A scale compared to a spread of 138 basis points on Tuesday. That ...
June 26, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Dick Durbin in FOXNews
The secretary of the Senate has determined that the new credentials presented today on behalf of Mr. Burris now satisfy Senate Rules and validate his appointment to the vacant Illinois Senate seat,Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said in a...
- Rod Blagojevich in CNN
I would ask the good people of Illinois to wait for the trial and afford me the presumption of innocence that they would give to all their friends and neighbors,Blagojevich, who was vacationing with his family, said in the statement.
- Harry Reid in International Herald Tribune
Blagojevich's resignation, followed by an appointment made by a new governor, would "be the most expeditious way for a new senator to be chosen and seated in a manner that would earn the confidence of the people of Illinois and all Americans,"...