idling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n having no employment
- v run disconnected or idle
the engine is idling
- v be idle; exist in a changeless situation
- The smackdown took place at an ordinary watering hole where a small herd of cape buffalo were drinking and idling, wandering dangerously close to a pack of concealed lions that .
- Douglas disappeared three months ago after the bludgeoning death of his wife, leaving his car idling on an upstate bridge.
- While we're at it, we can cut down on idling, which can improve fuel economy another 5%, and cut down on speeding and unnecessary acceleration, which can increase mileage as much .
News & Articles
- Former Lafayette priest kills himself after victims show up at his door in Virginia
When it was found three days after Christmas, the small pickup truck was idling in a secluded spot at a shuttered rock-and-sand plant off a lonesome stretch of state Route 5 in Charles City County. A hose ran from the Mazda's exhaust pipe through the passenger-side window, where it had been taped in place, according to a report by the Charles City Sheriff's Office. A wallet and a journal with a ...
June 12, 2013 - The Lafayette Daily Advertiser
- Most Recent Galleries:
A district judge Tuesday ordered embattled St. - 11:52 pm When it was found three days after Christmas, the small pickup truck was still running, idling in a...
June 12, 2013 - Opelousas Daily World
- Lawrence School campaign encourages drivers to stop idling
The Lawrence School’s Green Team recently conducted a campaign to get drivers to stop idling.
June 11, 2013 - The Brookline Tab
- Kent Desormeaux in ESPN
At the quarter pole he spit past Quality Road, and he was idling,Desormeaux said. "He's trying to be the best I've ever ridden."
- Garrett Gomez in 940 News
He was halfway idling when he made the lead,Z Fortune's rider Garrett Gomez said. "I think the longer distances will definitely help this colt."
- Anthony Albanese in Herald Sun
That's even before taking into account the environmental damage being caused by the millions of tonnes of greenhouse gases being pumped into the atmosphere by the thousands of vehicles left idling in worsening traffic snarls,Mr Albanese said.