idyl : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a musical composition that evokes rural life
- n a short poem descriptive of rural or pastoral life
- The fact is that beneath this suburban idyl, Updike's couples are caught up in a black mass of community sex.
- To his amazement he falls in love with the girl, and for a year they live a garret idyl in Calcutta.
- In Italy's caviar and champagne set during the early '40s, the two made a neatly rhymed couplet, and even Signora Sacchi nodded at their idyl on the theory that it was only a .