idolater : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who worships idols
- The core of the book is a chapter in which Jacob muses on his resemblance to the Biblical Jacob, whose wife, also the daughter of an idolater, died and left him a son.
- As he proceeds to plant an intolerant city-state on American soil, this Milton sneers at the memory of More, calling him an idolater who had had his head chopped off.
- In battle, Ali, Mohamads son in law, was about to deliver the death blow to an idolater, Talha.
- Pope Benedict XVI in Catholic News Agency
Yet "radical condemnation of idolatry", said the Pope quoting St. John Chrysostom whose feast day falls today, "is never a personal condemnation of the idolater. In our judgments, must we never confuse the sin, which is unacceptable, with the...
- Tony Kushner in San Diego Union Tribune
I was an admirer of Lincoln; now I'm an idolater. I spent the year learning about him - a towering genius as a politician and a literary figure,Kushner said.