- n an adrenal-cortex hormone (trade names Hydrocortone or Cortef) that is active in carbohydrate and protein metabolism
- If hydrocortisone and aspirin are given to laboratory rats under certain conditions before they have arthritis, both have anti-inflammatory action.
- In normal people, he said, the hydrocortisone output goes up sharply in the early morning hours to a peak around 6 a.
- Better, he suggests, to give "slave hormones"cortisone or hydrocortisone and some newer variants such as prednisone and prednisolone.
News & Articles
- Ask The Pharmacist: Bug bite remedies
Question: I use hydrocortisone cream for my bug bites. It works, but is there something else to manage this or the pain and itch? Me and my kids get bit frequently and I don't like the idea of 'taking a bath' in chemical creams. – K.K., Tulsa, Oklahoma An
July 1, 2013 - Naples Daily News