hydroelectricity : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n electricity produced by water power
- The engineers' mission is to divert a tributary of the Kameng and harness its hydroelectricity, and this would be one of the last chances to raft the river before it loses its .
- It's an irresistible challenge for river-boarding fanatics: a torrent of such force that it generates enough hydroelectricity to power both Zimbabwe and neighboring Zambia.
- Hydrogen can thus be generated cheaply and greenly by electrolyzing water, using all that surplus geothermal and hydroelectricity.
- Abdul Razzaq in The Daily Star
No one has ever got such categorical assurance in the past from India. Indian officials assured us that the proposed Tipaimukh dam was meant for hydroelectricity generation,Razzaq, ruling Awami League lawmaker, said.
- Gilles Duceppe in Edmonton Sun
The fact is, in Quebec we chose hydroelectricity instead of different forms of energy,Duceppe said. "It means money from Quebec is going to the outside to develop the economy in Alberta and we just can't accept that."
- chairman Prachanda in Earthtimes (press release)
India's assurance to build the 200-megawatt Naumure hydroelectricity project in west Nepal indicates India always wanted to contribute to Nepal's development,Prachanda said.