- n an adrenal-cortex hormone (trade names Hydrocortone or Cortef) that is active in carbohydrate and protein metabolism
- As expected, each subject's cortisol level rose at first.
- Rising cortisol levels signal the hypothalamus to stop sounding the alarm.
- Shively and her colleagues also knew that people who produce excessive amounts of the stress hormone cortisol tend to have bulky waistlines; they have apple-shaped bodies, rather .
- John Coates in Ottawa Citizen
Rising levels of testosterone and cortisol prepare traders for taking risk,said John Coates, the lead author of the study and a former trader. "However, if testosterone reaches physiological limits, as it might during a market bubble, it...
- Penelope Leach in BBC News
Dr Leach told the BBC News Website: "We are talking about the release of stress chemicals. The best known of them is cortisol, which is produced under extreme stress." "One is not talking about a wakeful baby lying there gurgling, one is...