hush-hush : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s conducted with or marked by hidden aims or methods
- Ponti, then married, had tried keeping his relationship with Loren hush-hush, as his lawyers won a Mexican divorce from his estranged wife, Giuliana.
- Third, and this is still pretty hush-hush, is that there's a career trade-off.
- The company will only reveal that the chocolate was invented accidentally, while food engineers were working on another hush-hush project.
News & Articles
- The gossip buzz at the Open
It may be hush-hush at Merion Golf Club during the early practice rounds of the U.S. Open. But there was a growing buzz - sitting in the stands behind the fairways, shuffling down Golf House Road, standing at concessions where the chattiest of spectators were sipping brews before noon.
June 13, 2013 - Philly.com
- Ari Fleischer in New York Times
This is hush-hush,Mr. Fleischer recalled Mr. Libby as saying in effect. "This is on the QT Not many people know about this."
- Carl Barat in NME.com
Speaking to the Daily Star, Barat said: "I'm a fan of Ronson. Who isn't? We have something coming up but it's very hush-hush. I don't want to jinx anything so my lips are sealed, but it could be brilliant."