- v pursue for food or sport (as of wild animals)
Goering often hunted wild boars in Poland
The Duke hunted in these woods
- v pursue or chase relentlessly
- v chase away, with as with force
They hunted the unwanted immigrants out of the neighborhood
- v yaw back and forth about a flight path
- v oscillate about a desired speed, position, or state to an undesirable extent
- v seek, search for
She hunted for her reading glasses but was unable to locate them
- v search (an area) for prey
- s reflecting the fear or terror of one who is hunted
the hopeless hunted look on the prisoner's face
a glitter of apprehension in her hunted eyes
- While cute and often anthropomorphized, dolphins, unlike some whale populations hunted by Japanese fishermen, are not endangered.
- Thus the rhino has been hunted almost to extinction.
- At the time of his death, only humans, who had adapted their hunting techniques to the open plains of Africa, had developed projectile weapons; Neanderthals, who hunted in the .
News & Articles
- 'Hunted' Season 2 could morph into spinoff miniseries 'Sam Hunter' on Cinemax
Canceled action drama "Hunted" starring Melissa George may be on its way back to TV. The show's eight-episode first season aired last fall and was produced in partnership between UK's BBC One and US cable network Cinemax. The BBC opted not to continue its involvement back in November of last year and the show was essentially canceled.But Cinemax has apparently been exploring alternative ways to ...
June 21, 2013 - Zap2It
- Cinemax to Launch Hunted Spin-off with Melissa George
X Files producer Frank Spotnitz is developing a spin-off of his Cinemax series Hunted for star Melissa George, according to Deadline.
June 21, 2013 - TV Guide
- Cinemax & Frank Spotnitz Developing ‘Hunted’ Spinoff Starring Melissa George
EXCLUSIVE : HBO/Cinemax and The X Files alum Frank Spotnitz are developing Sam Hunter , a drama starring Melissa George to air on Cinemax . A spinoff of Cinemax’s Hunted , the action series sees George reprising her role as Sam, a gutsy agent in the murky world of private espionage. Now on the run from her former employer, Sam has a price on her head and a young daughter to protect. She must ...
June 21, 2013 - Deadline Hollywood
- Zalmay Khalilzad in Independent
Zalmay Khalilzad, the US Ambassador to Iraq, said: "To those who commit these heinous crimes we send this message: You will be relentlessly hunted until you are apprehended and brought to justice."
- Gordon Brown in MSNBC
Brown said the two gunmen and their getaway driver "have got to be hunted down and brought to justice as quickly as possible."
- Mitt Romney in Early County News
I've always been a rodent and rabbit hunter, small varmints, if you will,Romney said. "I began when I was 15 or so and I have hunted those kinds of varmints since then. More than two times."