- n Englishman and Pre-Raphaelite painter (1827-1910)
- n United States architect (1827-1895)
- n British writer who defended the Romanticism of Keats and Shelley (1784-1859)
- n an association of huntsmen who hunt for sport
- n an instance of searching for something
the hunt for submarines
- n the activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone
- n the work of finding and killing or capturing animals for food or pelts
- n the pursuit and killing or capture of wild animals regarded as a sport
- v pursue for food or sport (as of wild animals)
Goering often hunted wild boars in Poland
The Duke hunted in these woods
- v pursue or chase relentlessly
The hunters traced the deer into the woods
- v chase away, with as with force
They hunted the unwanted immigrants out of the neighborhood
- v yaw back and forth about a flight path
- v oscillate about a desired speed, position, or state to an undesirable extent
The oscillator hunts about the correct frequency
- v seek, search for
She hunted for her reading glasses but was unable to locate them
- v search (an area) for prey
The King used to hunt these forests
- You still fox hunt now? Yes, I'm the Master of Hounds at Oak Ridge Fox Hunt Club.
- Japanese whalers are planning to harpoon up to 50 humpback whales for the first time since hunting the endangered species was banned in 1963.
- Behind the Iron Curtain in Eastern Europe, the Red hunt bore down implacably on party heretics, class enemies and "agents of Western imperialism.
News & Articles
- El Paso-based Hunt Companies to acquire NY-based real estate company
El Paso-based Hunt Companies, a group of real estate development, management, and investment companies, has agreed to acquire Centerline Holding Co., a New York real estate financing and management company for an undisclosed price, the companies announced this week.
June 14, 2013 - El Paso Times
- ‘The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt’ is huge and full of monsters
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt wants to deliver a gigantic, solo role-playing game to you in a living, breathing that... that also scares the crap out of you.
June 14, 2013 - Digital Trends
- Hunt ERA is hosting charity flea market in Webster June 15
Webster, N.Y. — The third annual Charity Flea Market, hosted by Hunt ERA, is set for 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. this Saturday, June 15. There will also be food and vendors on hand.
June 13, 2013 - Webster Post
- Arsene Wenger in AFP
I find it a complete disgrace and unacceptable,Wenger said. "We won't accept the way we have been treated in this case for two reasons. I believe that you can debate whether it was a penalty or not. For me it's a witch hunt that we see and...
- Tony Woodley in Press TV
Unite has stated, "There can be no industrial peace without meaningful negotiations and while management victimizes trade unionists and uses disciplinary procedures in a witch-hunt."
- Gareth Southgate in Gainsborough Standard
Southgate said in the Daily Telegraph: "We have to rise above it. If people want to shout those things it's a reflection on them. There's a danger we go on a witch hunt. What do you do? Punish the club? They can't do anything about their travelling...