horseshoes : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a game in which iron rings (or open iron rings) are thrown at a stake in the ground in the hope of encircling it
- n game equipment consisting of an open ring of iron used in playing horseshoes
- n U-shaped plate nailed to underside of horse's hoof
- v equip (a horse) with a horseshoe or horseshoes
- There is a peculiar expression which is seen on the faces of people pitching horseshoes.
- Within the twin stone circles are two horseshoes of heavy rock and a vast sandstone altar.
- Even the Tiger slugging combination of Rudy York and Dick Wakefield might have been less effective than Luke Sewell's magically managed horseshoes.
News & Articles
- Recreation: Horseshoes grows in popularity in Snyder County
(The club) wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for him,said Susquehanna Valley Horseshoe Club member Ray Haskins. Haskins was referring to the late Ken Battram, the founder of the club which calls the East Snyder Park in Selinsgrove home. Battram founded the club in 2007, using much of his own money to fuel a personal passion for horseshoes and provide enthusiasts with a place to play. The ...
June 22, 2013 - The Daily Item
- Photos: 'Toss for Tots' scores a ringer for Staten Island's children
Corn bags stand in for horseshoes at benefit on the boardwalk
June 20, 2013 - Staten Island Advance
- Barstorming: Lucky T'z in Mossville
Barstorming co-hosts Danielle Hatch and Phil Luciano try their hand at horseshoes in a friendly competition behind Lucky T'z in Mossville.
June 20, 2013 - Peoria Journal Star
- Carl Edwards in USA Today
I don't know where Jimmie gets his horseshoes, but he's got amazing luck and they (his team) do everything right, too,Edwards said. "So we just have to hope for something strange to happen. I say that, but I don't know if we really have to...
- Bruce Bowen in CBS 4
We don't look at it as luck,Bowen said. "Luck only happens in horseshoes."
- Cito Gaston in National Post
Once again, it's like horseshoes and hand grenades, it's just close,said Blue Jays manager Cito Gaston. "You get close with horseshoes, you get a point, you get close with a hand grenade, you get some points, too. Being close and losing by...