horsetail : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n perennial rushlike flowerless herbs with jointed hollow stems and narrow toothlike leaves that spread by creeping rhizomes; tend to become weedy; common in northern hemisphere; some in Africa and South America
- Sikhs serving in British forces wear their hair in turbans, but Private NeHalsingh wears his locks in a horsetail down his backan arrangement which enables him to get a steel .
- The girls wear blue jeans, sweaters, and horsetail hairdos in school, do their own housekeeping and live by a motto:'"Be pure, be right, be beautiful.
- The Burning Spear (a Kikuyu title for the bravest warrior of all) acknowledged the greeting with an imperious wave of his horsetail fly whisk, then briskly got down to the .
News & Articles
- Quick Update on Miner Paradise Fire Complex fires
The fires within the Miner Paradise Complex - the Emigrant Fire, the North Eightmile Fire, the Horsetail Fire, and the Sheep Fire were active all day on Saturday.
Aug. 18, 2013 - KXLF Butte
- Weekend Hyalite fire quickly contained
A Helitack crew has contained a small lightning caused fire up Hyalite today.The Horsetail Fire was first reported about 11:30 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 11 by hikers. The quarter-acre fire was on a high, inaccessible ridge near Elephant Mountain. Because of the terrain, the only way in was by chopper. Today five firefighters were delivered by helicopter. They worked the blaze, along with a helicopter ...
Aug. 12, 2013 - KXLF Butte
- Eduardo Galeano in Slate
Of Italian striker Roberto Baggio, a star of the 1980s and '90s, Galeano says, "His legs have a mind of their own, his foot shoots by itself. : Baggio is a big horsetail that flicks away opponents as he flows forward in an elegant wave."