- n a game in which iron rings (or open iron rings) are thrown at a stake in the ground in the hope of encircling it
- n game equipment consisting of a ring of iron or circle of rope used in playing the game of quoits
- Forget deck quoits, pink gins and white-jacketed stewards.
- Winslow Homer, while covering the Civil War, took time out to paint Zouaves pitching quoits in camp.
- Some say horseshoe pitching developed in imitation of the more courtly game of quoits.
News & Articles
- Photo Story: Founder’s Day celebration
Cecily Mash, 7, left, lifts the ring over the pin in a game of Quoits with her brother Evertt Mash, 5, on Saturday morning at the Meeker Home Museum, 1324 9th Ave., in Greeley during the Founder's Day celebration.
July 21, 2013 - Greeley Tribune